Get ready for an exciting week of events at the Jefferson-Madison Regional Library! Whether you’re a new reader looking to practice reading aloud or a teen interested in giving back to the community, we have something for everyone.
On Saturday at 10:15 a.m., head over to the Northside Library for “Paws to Read with Daisy.” This unique program gives new readers the opportunity to practice reading aloud to Daisy, a licensed therapy dog. Don’t worry if you don’t have a book with you, as you can choose one from our library collection. Daisy is also eager to listen to children and teens who want to rehearse oral presentations or practice foreign languages. Make sure to sign up for a 15-minute time slot by calling (434) 973-7893, Ext. 5.
If you’re in the Crozet area, join us at the Crozet Library on Thursday and Saturday at 11 a.m. for “Paws to Read with Hank.” Hank, a registered therapy dog, will be there to lend a listening ear to young readers while they gain confidence reading aloud. Call (434) 823-4050 to register for a 15-minute time slot and take advantage of this relaxing setting to practice your reading skills.
Calling all teenagers aged 13 to 18! Don’t miss the “Teen Volunteer Event” at the Crozet Library on Saturday at 1 p.m. This is an excellent opportunity to give back to the community by donating two hours of your time. Help out with various library activities and make a difference in the lives of others.
Join us for these amazing events and make the most of your time at the Jefferson-Madison Regional Library. Don’t miss out on the chance to learn, grow, and engage with our wonderful community!
1. What is the Jefferson-Madison Regional Library?
The Jefferson-Madison Regional Library is a library that offers various programs and events for readers of all ages.
2. What is “Paws to Read with Daisy”?
“Paws to Read with Daisy” is a program at the Northside Library where new readers can practice reading aloud to Daisy, a therapy dog. Daisy is also available to listen to oral presentations or foreign language practice.
3. How can I participate in “Paws to Read with Daisy”?
To participate in “Paws to Read with Daisy,” you need to sign up for a 15-minute time slot by calling (434) 973-7893, Ext. 5.
4. Where and when can I participate in “Paws to Read with Hank”?
“Paws to Read with Hank” takes place at the Crozet Library on Thursday and Saturday at 11 a.m. You can register for a 15-minute time slot by calling (434) 823-4050.
5. What is the “Teen Volunteer Event” at the Crozet Library?
The “Teen Volunteer Event” is an event at the Crozet Library specifically for teenagers aged 13 to 18. It allows them to give back to the community by volunteering for two hours and helping with library activities.
– Jefferson-Madison Regional Library: Refers to the name of the regional library where the events are taking place.
– Therapy dog: A licensed or registered dog that is trained to provide comfort and support to people in various settings.
– Oral presentation: A speech or presentation delivered verbally.
– Foreign languages: Languages other than one’s native language.